Sunday, February 21, 2010

Great Spring Things!!

I love spring! And here in the desert spring comes a little sooner than for the rest of the country. I take full advantage of that and can't wait to get my spring decor out!

Awhile back I found this cute wall hanging at Scrapbook Destination's Blog. My friend Diannah duplicated the idea and made this cute and similar hanging. She just cut out her own cone with some 1/2" MDF and used her Cricut for the lettering.
Photobucket
You can go to Scrapbook Destination's Blog by clicking here to see their hanging and get directions! Unfortunately their store has closed but their blog has so many great ideas. Be sure to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

Photobucket
Last year we decided to make some cute spring flower stakes. We made three designs; A daisy, A Tulip, and A Sunflower. They turned out so cute and we would love to share the pattern with you. Click below to print and view the desired pattern.

Photobucket
Click here to view instructions and pattern for the daisy.

Photobucket
Click here to view instructions and pattern for the tulip.

Photobucket
Click here to view instructions and pattern for the sunflower.

Another fun spring craft are these baluster birdhouses. I saw the idea in a magazine and ran with it. I went to my local salvage yard, Al's, and found some great old balusters for very cheap. I also ordered these metal flowers and a 24" X 24" decorative tin from Outwater. For the center of the flower I just used decorative upholstery tacks and painted them as well.
Photobucket
I painted the flowers with enamel paint that you can get at a craft store and used some bailing wire and JB weld to make the vine. You will need some tin snips to cut the tin down and over time the tin rusts and looks nice and old!
Photobucket

They will look great in any planter.
Photobucket
And I have some random old hardware to personalize them even more with my shabby touch that I love so much!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How stinnken stinken cute are those? love them! Come say hi, at larsenloves... Have a good one! JGG

Mary, Tyson and Family said...

LOVE the bird houses! That is such a good idea!
already printed the flower patterns! Thanks for the post it gets me motivated for some fun spring decorating!

Anonymous said...

it for sure gets me in the mood for spring, i love the ideas you have :)