Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh L'amour

Yes, it is the time to start thinking of Valentine's Day. I have never been much of a Valentine's Day decorator or have even thought of doing anything other than buying the cheap character card for my kids to give to classmates and planning on decorating a shoebox with them. But really, can you decorate for Valentine's? Mostly I found that I tend to find cute stuff to make and give away. I did find some cute ideas in my Idea Book and some online that I will share with you. To give credit, I can't really tell you which magazine each came from but you can guarantee that it came from either Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living, Cottage Living or maybe even that Mary Englebrieight magazine? (Does that cover siting my source?)

Enjoy!

I love these pillows, I even made some similar to these one year to give to my friends out of some scrap fabric I had.  They didn't turn out as cute as these, so I will strive to do better someday.
Photobucket

Here are some easy yet charming tags.  You can just use some appropriate scrapbook paper for the occasion and then print some fun sayings on some vellum then trim and add ribbon.
Photobucket

These little heart pocket are a nice touch for a gift for a friend or loved one.  They show you went the extra mile, without over doing it. They look like they can be made out of felt, fun foam, scrapbook paper, fabric, and ribbon.  Just use toile to stuff in with the goodies and wa-la! But it does look like some sewing skills are needed.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Diana said...

Not sure if I dare to even comment on this blog - I wouldnt want to be mixing business with pleasure - but just today Kim found me and when I linked over to her blog I found you. I was so happy and not surprised at all to see all your creative ideas as always:) YOu're amazing!!! I'm excited to share with Tammy. Do you have a fam blog? mine is http://hyerhappenings.blogspot.com/Hope all is well my goofy friend:)

Unknown said...

hiya,
need to check out hallmark.com
they have a really cute shrinky dinky idea for valentiens this year. Cute photos of the other valentine things.
katrina